Call for Proposals
Please see call documents and guidelines at right.
- The call for pre-proposals for Fall 2019 & Spring 2020 has now closed. Successful pre-proposals have been invited to be submitted as full proposals due October 30 2018.
Please note: Residencies may be proposed by academic departments or by officially recognized interdepartmental programs, centers, and institutes. Proposals may not be submitted by the artists themselves.
- Supplementary documents:
- IARP Pre-Proposal Coversheet (.docx)
- IARP Proposal Coversheet (.docx)
- 2019-2020 Budget Worksheet (.xls)
- Interdisciplinary Arts Residency Program Artist Handbook (PDF)
- Best Practices Guide (PDF)
Successful interdisciplinary residencies require engagement and excitement from a variety of departments and their faculty, staff, and students. Significant planning and relationship building occur before the residency proposal is submitted for Executive Committee approval. The Arts Institute is committed to working with departments to develop successful proposals, and we suggest contacting us as early in the process as possible.
Marina Kelly, Student Programs Coordinator, is available for consultation, including providing examples of prior successful residency applications, and reading and offering feedback on drafts of the proposal at email@example.com or 608-265-4176.