- This event has passed.
Arts Agôn: A Forum Where Arts Researchers Connect
December 7, 2017 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
In this TED Talk meets PechaKucha-style presentation, arts researchers will share their work with each other and with campus colleagues, creating connections and encouraging dialogue.
Arts research is key to the creation of new knowledge through research, whether it takes the form of arts practice as a method of inquiry, historical research through curation, arts in science or medical research, arts educational research, or arts impact studies.
Topics addressed at this event include:
- an exhibition on Yoruba Masquerade Arts (Evjue-Bascom Professor Henry Drewal, Department of Art History)
- a collaborative electro-acoustic music and sound work (Professor Joseph Koykkar, Dance Department)
- a study of how expressive writing can promote healing (Associate Professor Kate Vieira, Department of English).
- an exploration of the otherwordliness of painting on woven brocade fabric rather than flat canvas (Professor Mark Nelson, School of Human Ecology)
- the uses of drawing in teaching and research, specifically in interdisciplinary and non-art contexts (Jason Kartez, MFA candidate, Art Department & KC Councilor, PhD candidate, Communication Arts)
This event is free and open to the public. If you plan to attend, please RSVP by following this link: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4PF9DAN0u6TiBut.