The Steering Committee (SC) is a subcommittee to the Executive Committee. The SC is a consultative body to the Executive Director and provides recommendations on budget and personnel. The SC consists of the Director of the School of Music; Chairs of the Art, Dance, Design Studies, and Theatre and Drama departments; and faculty representatives from the Creative Writing Program in the English department, Art History, and the Film Studies program in the Communication Arts department.
Please note: As of December 2017, this committee has been dissolved.
2016-17 Steering Committee membership:
- Ann Archbold | Department of Theatre and Drama
- Susan Cook | Mead Witter School of Music
- Lea Jacobs | Department of Communication Arts
- Amaud Johnson | English Department
- Gene Phillips | Department of Art History
- Roberto Rengel | Department of Design Studies
- Douglas Rosenberg | Art Department
- Jin-Wen Yu | Dance Department
Administrative Planning Council
The Administrative Planning Council (APC) is also a consultative body to the Executive Director, but members do not necessarily need to be members of the Executive Committee. Members of the APC are responsible for the long-range planning, outreach activities, and other issues important to the Arts Institute. The APC consists of directors of the Bolz Center for Arts Administration, Cinematheque, Chazen Museum of Art, University Theatre, and the Union Theate and Galleries.
2016-17 Administrative Planning Council membership:
- David Furumoto | University Theatre
- JJ Murphy | Cinematheque
- Ralph Russo | Union Theater & Galleries
- Sherry Wagner-Henry | Bolz Center for Arts Administration
- Russell Panczenko | Chazen Museum of Art