The Division of the Arts supports its community by sponsoring committees and working groups. These groups encourage broader affiliate engagement with the division and with each other. This structure harnesses affiliates’ energy to achieve real action and momentum in key areas impacting the arts.
- The Academic Affairs Committee oversees the Integrated Arts course subject listing, reviews proposals for the Interdisciplinary Arts Residency Program, and consults on shared academic concerns impacting the arts across colleges.
- The Arts Recruitment Working Group is working to reverse the trend of dropping enrollment numbers in the arts.
- The a2ru 2020 Conference Planning Committee supports the Division in hosting the Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities annual conference, Land & Equity: The Art & Politics of Place. Contact: Kate Hewson
- Creative Arts Awards Selection Committee meets in the fall to review and select the winners of the Awards in the Creative Arts. Contact: Sue Zaeske
- The division formed the Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) Committee to support the needs of BIPOC faculty, staff, and students in the arts. Contact: Heather Owens